[arch-dev-public] Bug Squashing Day: This Sat 10/3 1pm EDT

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 1 08:17:25 EDT 2009

Paul Mattal wrote:
> All,
>
> Andrea and I are organizing a bug squashing day this Saturday 10/3,
> starting at 1pm EDT and going until we run out of steam (or bugs).
> Join us if you can! We'll be around in the main IRC forum.
>
> If you can't make this one, there'll always be another. We're hoping
> to get onto a monthly schedule.
>
> Squashing bugs is one of the highest-impact and lowest-commitment ways
> you can help improve Arch. Software that works builds momentum.
> Everyone can contribute-- finding the issue, talking through the
> possible solutions, and creating the patch are all critical parts of
> the process.
>
> I hope to see you all on Saturday!

Are you going to announce on the forums and main page too?

Remember this page: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bug_Day_TODO .
It is fairly empty at the moment, but it is handy if someone (non-dev)
scans through the bug tracker finding bugs with solutions and lists
them, it allows the participating devs to focus their efforts.

I probably will not make it this weekend as I have a fairly packed work
schedule. Have fun!

Allan