[arch-dev-public] Bug Squashing Day: This Sat 10/3 1pm EDT

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Oct 1 08:42:51 EDT 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> Paul Mattal wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Andrea and I are organizing a bug squashing day this Saturday 10/3,
>> starting at 1pm EDT and going until we run out of steam (or bugs).
>> Join us if you can! We'll be around in the main IRC forum.
>>
>> If you can't make this one, there'll always be another. We're hoping
>> to get onto a monthly schedule.
>>
>> Squashing bugs is one of the highest-impact and lowest-commitment ways
>> you can help improve Arch. Software that works builds momentum.
>> Everyone can contribute-- finding the issue, talking through the
>> possible solutions, and creating the patch are all critical parts of
>> the process.
>>
>> I hope to see you all on Saturday!
>
> Are you going to announce on the forums and main page too?
>
> Remember this page: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bug_Day_TODO .
> It is fairly empty at the moment, but it is handy if someone (non-dev)
> scans through the bug tracker finding bugs with solutions and lists
> them, it allows the participating devs to focus their efforts.
>
> I probably will not make it this weekend as I have a fairly packed work
> schedule. Have fun!

It's up on the main page. Just posted in the forums, too.

That page is great, and I had forgotten it existed. I was thinking about
emailing around about issues to focus on. If people have issues they'd
like us to look at, or if anyone has time to pre-populate the page with
bugs and solutions like Allan suggests, feel free to edit the page or
even just send me suggestions directly.

- P