[arch-dev-public] putting "beta" software in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 6 20:41:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

coreutils-8.0 has been released but flagged beta because of some fairly
large changes in rm which now uses gnulib's hierarchy traversal (=
faster) and many changes to gnulib in the area of filesystem
primitives.  I found the snapshot before this fully usable, and will do
a "make check/test" to ensure everything is working as it should.

I would like to put it in [testing] _without_ the option of it every
moving to [core].  I know we do this for some software, but never
anything so "core" to the system that I know of.

So...  can I use [testing] for testing in this case?

Allan