[arch-dev-public] Do I need a sign-off for this...

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 23:35:28 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current heimdal package does not build due to an autoconf update
> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16015).   I have a patch that can be applied
> to fix that but I do not particularly want to rebuild given it does not
> affect the actual package.  It is also a bit of a waste of time applying the
> patch only to trunk as a new heimdal release will occur before any rebuild
> is likely to be needed.
>
> Can I apply the patch and archrelease core-{i686,x86_64} or would that
> require a sign-off?

The whole point of having separate tags like we do is so that the item
in the tag is identical to the package. That said, if it does not
build, that is a problem.

If this patch only touches autoconf files and the build ends up nearly
identical to the existing package (please confirm file sizes, at
least), I guess it'd be ok in this specific case.

We shouldn't make a habit of this, however