[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-lts 2.6.27.33-1

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Sep 10 08:24:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Am Donnerstag 10 September 2009 08:05:38 schrieb Andreas Radke:
>> Please give signoffs. If you don't use
>> it try it out if it works for you as fallback and can boot into shell with
>> a clean dmesg. Thanks.
>
> X and (probably) alsa is broken on my desktop and notebook; so its not really
> usable for me. And I am not sure if ACPI/suspend etc. works.
>
> Are those acceptable losses for your kernel? If its for server usage only you
> might want to disable all those unneeded or broken features.
>
> --
>
> Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

X should work with vesa and other non drm related drivers.

I'm not sure if the current also userspace stuff is still supporting that
kernel. I haven't tested it. No idea why it fails for you. Maybe a simple
alsaconf can bring it back. At least I'd like to keep shipping sound
modules. There are server running mpd that need a configured card.

I don't want to strip out everything that maybe no more fully operate on
current desktops. There's still situations where it might be helpfull to
have such stuff included (e.g. running "corporate" desktops).

To me these are no stoppers.

But if something is completely broken for the future I can remove modules
for the next release.

-Andy