[arch-dev-public] Who broke devtools? - extrapkg svn commit == fail

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:19:26 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if something like this would work :
> echo upgpkg: $pkgbase $pkgver-$pkgrel > /tmp/commit-log
> $EDITOR /tmp/commit-log
> svn commit -f /tmp/commit-log

This would work, assuming all the error handling is in place (i.e.
ensure editor can be called, if undefined, use vi by default, ensure
return value before committing, ensure non-zero length commit
message).

The point of this whole commit is that our commit messages suck hard
and are completely useless. This is largely due to laziness because
it's all automated.

The above would work fine for me, as it will help a wee bit, but we'll
still be back into laziness territory.

Also, for the record, I expected someone to yell about that commit
before it was actually made into a release, but no one did :)