[arch-dev-public] [signoff] Please test new db-scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:08:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Aha, this is what the "cronjob" user used to be for. I added a user
>>> specifically for this purpose. Looks like it's running right now, so I
>>> will test this and jiggle with the permissions later on today.

>>> Yeah. I disabled community in the sourceballs cron job for now. I
>>> guess I'll need a selector to get the svn repo URL based on hostname
>>> and repo... ewww
>>
>> Just a ping on this. Does everything seem ok? I'd like to tag and
>> release this for both us and the TUs shortly.
>>
>> Note the sourceball script needs additional work to work with
>> community, but I will get to it eventually. I added it here:
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Internal_Projects#Developer_Tooling
>>

> you haven't fix the perms for sourceball yet:
>
> errors occured during run:
> svn: warning: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied
> svn: warning: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied
> /arch-test/cron-jobs/../misc-scripts/make-sourceball: line 81:
> /var/log/sourceballs//cloog-ppl: Permission denied
> gzip: /var/log/sourceballs//cloog-ppl: No such file or directory
>        Failed to download source for cloog-ppl-0.15.7-1 (core-i686)
>
> You need to give sourceballs users rw perm  in /var/log/sourceballs.

Fixed. Forgot about the log dir

> Also the current sources in  /srv/ftp/sources/ have these perms:
> -rw-rw-r-- 1         546 ftp-arch

Are we looking at the same machine?

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sourceballs root 165 2009-09-21 16:12 transcode.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sourceballs root 164 2009-09-21 16:14 ttf-thai.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sourceballs root 162 2009-09-21 16:15 tzdata.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sourceballs root 160 2009-09-21 16:00 udev.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sourceballs root 162 2009-09-21 16:12 unison.gz

I just changed it all to group:ftp-extra

Also:
drwxrwsr-x   2 sourceballs ftp-extra 236K 2009-09-22 16:12 sources/

> You'll need to fix their perms if the sourceballs user isn't in the
> ftp-arch group.   You might also want to fix the svn warning if it's
> easy. It might be inoffensive but will clutter the logs.

Hmm, I'll switch to su from sudo, it should clear the HOME dir being
set to root and clean that up