[arch-dev-public] [signoff] Please test new db-scripts

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:00:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I used the new db-extra and db-testing a couple of time. Didn't
>>> noticed any problems.
>>>
>>> The sourceball script didn't work. It was ran as root:
>>>
>>> $ zcat /var/log/sourceballs/facile.gz
>>> ==> ERROR: Running makepkg as root is a BAD idea and can cause
>>>    permanent, catastrophic damage to your system. If you
>>>    wish to run as root, please use the --asroot option.
>>>
>>> We'll need to run it as a user or use the --asroot option.
>>
>> Aha, this is what the "cronjob" user used to be for. I added a user
>> specifically for this purpose. Looks like it's running right now, so I
>> will test this and jiggle with the permissions later on today.
>>
>>> Looks like the svn command is failing for community packages:
>>
>> Yeah. I disabled community in the sourceballs cron job for now. I
>> guess I'll need a selector to get the svn repo URL based on hostname
>> and repo... ewww
>
> Just a ping on this. Does everything seem ok? I'd like to tag and
> release this for both us and the TUs shortly.
>
> Note the sourceball script needs additional work to work with
> community, but I will get to it eventually. I added it here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Internal_Projects#Developer_Tooling

you haven't fix the perms for sourceball yet:

errors occured during run:
svn: warning: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied
svn: warning: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied
/arch-test/cron-jobs/../misc-scripts/make-sourceball: line 81:
/var/log/sourceballs//cloog-ppl: Permission denied
gzip: /var/log/sourceballs//cloog-ppl: No such file or directory
        Failed to download source for cloog-ppl-0.15.7-1 (core-i686)

You need to give sourceballs users rw perm  in /var/log/sourceballs.
Also the current sources in  /srv/ftp/sources/ have these perms:
-rw-rw-r-- 1         546 ftp-arch

You'll need to fix their perms if the sourceballs user isn't in the
ftp-arch group.   You might also want to fix the svn warning if it's
easy. It might be inoffensive but will clutter the logs.