[arch-dev-public] unixodbc update in testing

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Apr 24 13:57:35 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:34:11 +0200
schrieb Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:10:13 +0200, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > If nothing is broken we can move unixodbc+qt in a few days to extra.
>
> Please don't use versioned deps next time. Also that rebuild was not
> needed. Did you use the gcc from testing to build it? If yes, there
> might be chance that it cannot be moved without moving gcc-libs too.
>
> I would suggest to completely removed that qt package from testing.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

The versioned dep is in makedepend and won't break anything for any
user at runtime. The old unixodbc seems to break the build so I think
it's ok this time here. (runtime versioned deps may be questionable in
your view, so I didn't touch your package for runtime deps)

And yes. It's build using gcc because the bug mentioned it broken using
the new gcc. This shouldn't be a problem. I expect the toolchain to
move very soon.

-Andy