[arch-dev-public] current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 28 18:23:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:14:37 +0200, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be>
wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:01:18 +1000
> Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Only real change is the gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild and kernel update,
>> which has required one kernel module to be rebuilt.  I'm not sure how
>> well aufs2 has been tested.
>
> when does this go live?

The new kernel is in core since yesterday and gcc 4.5 since last week.
Aufs hasn't been tested, but according to the chakra devs it doesn't work
well with the .33 kernel. We might need to patch and/or update it to the
latest snapshot.

Btw: aufs is orphaned atm and only used on the install iso. I could help
updating/patching it if needed.