[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:56:53 CEST 2010

Hello all,
I've had these patches sitting around for a bit:
http://code.phraktured.net/cgit.cgi/dbscripts/log/?h=pkgpools

I'd like to see if someone else has the time to test them.

I have tested them with the following procedure:
* created ./testing/{staging,myrepo,packages,package-cleanup}/ with
necessary subdirs
* modified config to point to these paths
* commented out all the SVN malarky in db-add/db-remove/ftpdir-cleanup/etc
* changed get_repos_for_host() to return "myrepo"

Testing:
* Add a package to myrepo
   - Package file in packages/os/*/
   - Relative symlink in myrepo/os/*/
   - In myrepo DB
* Remove package from repo 'foo'
   - Removed from myrepo DB
* Run cron-jobs/ftpdir-cleanup
   - Symlink is removed from myrepo/os/*/
   - Package file moved from packages/os/*/ to package-cleanup/

Anyone else want to verify this, or should I push it to master?

Aside: Would it be a good idea to add a "svn" function which could:
a) handle svn checkout failures (we don't, right now)
b) be easily switched out for dry-run style testing