[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 28 19:21:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:56:53 -0500, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've had these patches sitting around for a bit:
> http://code.phraktured.net/cgit.cgi/dbscripts/log/?h=pkgpools
>
> I'd like to see if someone else has the time to test them.
>
> I have tested them with the following procedure:
> * created ./testing/{staging,myrepo,packages,package-cleanup}/ with
> necessary subdirs
> * modified config to point to these paths
> * commented out all the SVN malarky in
db-add/db-remove/ftpdir-cleanup/etc
> * changed get_repos_for_host() to return "myrepo"
>
> Testing:
> * Add a package to myrepo
>    - Package file in packages/os/*/
>    - Relative symlink in myrepo/os/*/
>    - In myrepo DB
> * Remove package from repo 'foo'
>    - Removed from myrepo DB
> * Run cron-jobs/ftpdir-cleanup
>    - Symlink is removed from myrepo/os/*/
>    - Package file moved from packages/os/*/ to package-cleanup/
>
> Anyone else want to verify this, or should I push it to master?

Thanks for your heads-up. That was on my todo list but atm I am not really
able to catch up. But those patches are a lot more readable than those from
your working branch which virtually changed every line of code. I'll have a
closer look at those soon.

For now:
* Does this also work with the old layout/packages? (especially the
cleanup and move scripts)
* I still don't know how to handle the community and community-testing
repo. We cannot really put those packages into the same folder as
core,extra,testing. That could break the cleanup-scripts (different svn)
and definitely will break the rsync process from sigurd to gerolde.
* Do all packages have the $arch within their filename? (community might
be a problem here as they are not using db-scripts for that long)