[arch-dev-public] At last, clean multilib support

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 23 06:58:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:00:14 +0200, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
wrote:
> We had several discussions about lib32 and multilib support in the
> past. It has been always our agreement to keep Arch x86_64 plain pure
> 64bit. Just KISS.
>
> Any additional 32bit support should stay in the community area. Nothing
> has changed here.

Having this multilib repository actually ensures that our main repos
will stay pure x86_64. ATM we have lib32 packages and even a
cross-compiler in [community]. Those will be moved to a dedicated
repository to keep things separated.

Not having a multilib compiler etc. in our main repos is still sane and
KISS.

> So please take care about the word "official" in this forum thread:
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=102973 or wherever it will
> come up.

This thread has no meaning; neither has the word "official" for a
community driven project like Arch.