[arch-dev-public] At last, clean multilib support

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 23 07:18:50 EDT 2010

Am 23.08.2010 12:54, schrieb Rémy Oudompheng:
> What kind of packages are expected to be found in a multilib repository?
> Should we keep with core/extra packages, leaving 32-bit versions of
> community packages to AUR ? In more down-to-earth terms: are we going
> to have glibc/gtk2/firefox/flashplugin in the same place ?

Right now, I am looking at five potential milestones:
- wine (we are already working on that, see the progress in the wiki)
- nspluginwrapper/flashplugin
- virtualbox_ose (needs a real multilib compiler to build on x86_64)
- skype (needs qt, which is huge, so maybe this will take a while)
- SDL and friends, to support binary-only 32 bit games

I do not see the need for any more packages than that, and my hope is
that the number will reduce over time, not increase.