[arch-dev-public] At last, clean multilib support

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Aug 23 08:45:38 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 13:16 +0200, Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
> Did I miss something or the 32 bit flashplugin can only be used in a
> 32-bit browser ? Wouldn't it be unconvenient to have the plugin in the
> repo without some widely used browser ?
>
> As for Wine, do I understand correctly if I say that there is (newly
> introduced) 64-bit support in Wine but it would only work with native
> 64-bit Windows binaries, and since most Windows programs are still
> compiled as 32-bit, bin32-wine is usually needed ?

That's why there will be nspluginwrapper. That is a 64bit browser plugin
that can load 32bit plugins. It was the common way of using flash in a
64bit browser before Adobe released a 64bit flash plugin.

As for wine, I have no idea about what it supports with what
architecture, but AFAIK there's still no working x86_64 version that
runs win32 applications.