[arch-dev-public] At last, clean multilib support

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 07:03:38 EDT 2010

On 23 August 2010 18:43, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
> But well, I agree with Andreas, we should at least have a discussion
> before we change something as drastic as this, this is the first time
> I hear about providing official support for it and it to be already
> official?

I was a little surprised at this myself, because I have had to tell
others in the past about the strict rule against multilib. It used to
be that there was no support at all. Then it slowly gained traction in
community (hence support from TUs). So I asked Thomas on IRC what this
was all about, and he made me see the obvious.

Separating all this business into one lone repository removes all the
mess from community. If I understood this right, this will then be a
separate project, contributed to and supported by any interested
Developer or TU. So in essence, it is as "official" as community, but
no more and no less.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD