[arch-dev-public] Source package creation repaired

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 04:24:42 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I repaired the sourceball creation script the last days. I didn't
> active the cron job yet as a couple of packages should be fixed first
> (will send a new mail about that)
>
> * Similar to the package pool there are now two subdirs for our
> core/extra packages and the ones from community in ftp/sources.
> * The sourceballs user has srcdest set to ~/sourceballs so we don't
> need to redownload sources on every minor update
SRCDEST=/home/sourceballs/sources

This is quickly filling up /home on gerolde. Somewhere on /srv (173 GB
vs 25 GB) and not under ftp/ would be a much better idea.

$ sudo du -shxP * | sort -h
568M	aaron
704M	paul
838M	remy
1.3G	pierre
1.7G	mailman
4.1G	sourceballs
5.7G	tpowa

Your homedir is also quite big. :P

Tpowa- do we really need to keep around ISOs from 2007 in your
archive/ directory?