[arch-dev-public] Source package creation repaired

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Dec 4 10:53:44 CET 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:24:42 -0600, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> SRCDEST=/home/sourceballs/sources
>
> This is quickly filling up /home on gerolde. Somewhere on /srv (173 GB
> vs 25 GB) and not under ftp/ would be a much better idea.

Right, I need to tune this a little bit; maybe also reduce the time we
keep those sources. I'll also alter the db-scripts in a way to "touch"
packages when moved so we can clean them up by a cron job. What is a
good amount of time to keep "removed" packages? Like 7 to 14 days?

> $ sudo du -shxP * | sort -h
> 568M	aaron
> 704M	paul
> 838M	remy
> 1.3G	pierre
> 1.7G	mailman
> 4.1G	sourceballs
> 5.7G	tpowa
>
> Your homedir is also quite big. :P

Will look at it...there are still some backups in there. A problem with
hasn't been solved yet. :-)