[arch-dev-public] initscripts/mkinitcpio/netcfg maintenance

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 21:03:09 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 03:11, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 19/11/10 16:58, Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> While looking through bugs for [core] packages, I notice that there are
>> a large number of bug report for these three packages. In total they
>> account for ~13% of the bugs in the tracker!
>>
>> Firstly, I want to clarify that I'm not here to point fingers at anyone
>> for not dealing with these bugs. We all only have limited time...
>>
>> But given these are some of the uniqueness of Arch, I wonder what we _as
>> a group_ could to do to improve this situation? Perhaps organize a
>> hack-a-thon on IRC one day? Or we could advertise for help, with the
>> selection criterion being a git repo provided by the applicant showing
>> they can do stuff?
>>
>> Comments/ideas?
>
> So there have been no comments on this...

Sorry, Allan, I've read your email few days ago at work, but forgot to
reply. :-/
I think the main problems with initscripts is that many bugs/features
require lots of work and testing in many configurations to be fixed/implemented,
Help from everyone is really appreciated.
Currently I'm testing some changes in the locale configuration area,
which may close 2 reports,
but other than that I cannot say for sure if/when I can take a look at
others, at least until holidays.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)