[arch-dev-public] perl-5.12.2 rebuild list?

K. Piche kpiche at rogers.com
Fri Dec 3 03:18:00 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 11:36 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 24/11/10 12:56, Allan McRae wrote:
> > On 23/11/10 11:25, Allan McRae wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Can we get some details of what the perl-5.12.2 rebuild list is for? Its
> >> description is "Build modules that have binary modules in them" but
> >> surely there is binary compatibility between 5.12.1 and 5.12.2... Or
> >> have the expected paths for binaries changed again?
> >>

> > Ping Kevin... I see you are doing some rebuilds now!
> >

> And again...  you might actually get help with the rebuild if we knew
> why we were rebuilding.

It's just the way it sounds.  If a perl module has *.so files it needs
to be rebuilt.  You'd think there was binary compatibility but the
perl/C XS interface seems to always change each release - maybe how
external libraries interface to intrinsic data types, dunno.

There's been a rebuild every release only this is the first time I
bothered with an official todo because someone mentioned it last time.
Some non-binary modules will need to be rebuilt later due to scriptdir
path changes but it's not critical.

Help or not it doesn't matter to me - I'll get to them all eventually.

--
K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>