[arch-dev-public] releng build environment moved

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Dec 23 16:55:22 EST 2010

Hi,
we just moved the releng image building stuff from sigurd.al.org to
alberich.al.org

To clarify:
Moved:
- image generation environment
- http serving of testbuilds, releng packages, releng repos
Untouched:
- hosting of official images (http://www.archlinux.org/download/)
- Torrent tracker (tracker.al.org)
- releng mailing list

The new machine is the VPS donated by airVM, see
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Category:DeveloperWiki:Server_Configuration

Two reasons for this move:
- releng load patterns affected the AUR/community repos, running on
sigurd, also disk space was getting tight
- I wanted a separate env to perform all the critical releng stuff
without worrying too much I might break some production service

Folks following releng stuff, note:
- build.archlinux.org has been deprecated, the new url is
releng.archlinux.org
- the same stuff (testbuilds, packages, etc) are available on the new
location

Releng TODO:
- update scripts so we can fully automatically build testing images
- update scripts to update tracker on sigurd
- schedule automatic builds

Dieter