[arch-dev-public] definition of the core repo, putting nilfs-utils, btrfs-progs and dosfstools in core

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:40:07 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 23/12/10 05:27, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> 2- we could have a policy so that after a certain amount of days (7
>> days???) in testing and no bug/problem reported, the package can be
>> moved to core. The maintainer could bump the thread about halfway
>> through.  This will eliminate having packages in testing in weeks
>> waiting for signoffs and will give a clear guideline for maintainers
>> of these packages.
>
> Don't we sort of have that policy anyway, although maybe not officially...
> Aaron used to give a "signoff" on any package that had been in [testing] for
> a week or two without signoffs and bug reports.

Yes, but not officially AFAIK.  It's currently at the maintainer's discretion.

> But an official policy saying that after 7 days a "low usage" package can be
> moved from [testing] provided they do not have a new bug report would be
> useful.  I'd define "low usage" as anything not expected to be on most devs
> installs.
>
> Allan

If it would be too much trouble to have everyone put their name beside
the packages they can signoff on my original list, someone (I could do
it but not after the New Year) could just make a list of what they
believe is low usage packages and submit it to this list for
discussion and approval.