[arch-dev-public] devtools and db-scripts plans

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:26:11 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There has been talk about what is needed/wanted for the future of devtools
> and db-scripts but not much done lately.  So I thought I would get together
> a list of ideas so we could perhaps do a coding sprint to implement them.
>  Here is what I have got so far:
>
> devtools
>  - split-PKGBUILDs with (supported in future pacman):
>   -> both binary and arch=any packages
>   -> overridden pkgver
>   -> overridden pkgrel (and only selected sub-packages)
>  - support for xz compression (nothing needed?)
>
> db-scripts
>  - support for xz compression transition (e.g. in clean-up script)
>  - support for single "package" directory with symlinks to repos
>  - allow db-move to handle multiple packages
>   (or add a script to help moving from community-testing)

There are already testing2community* scripts in git as well as a
db-community-testing. They just need to be released on sigurd.

>  - delta support...

> Any others?

Couple of bugs that could be fixed.

FS#17058 - {dbscripts} ftpdir-cleanup marked new packages as out of date

FS#17098 - sourceballs: Removal of old sourceball not efficient

Probably sourceballs and sourceballs-cleanup should be merged.  And
the sourceball script is still lacking support for the community
repos. I used to work a lot on the sourceball script but don't have
much time lately. I also have no idea on how to access the svn for
commynity from gerolde like the way  the sourceballs-cleanup script
currently do.