[arch-dev-public] package signoffs

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Feb 9 03:38:19 EST 2010

These days it looks like almost nobody in our developer team uses i686
anymore. I still have a laptop running it, but I barely use it.

I think it's time to revise our signoff policy. I was thinking about
making it a bit more flexible:

- signoff by 3 devs, no matter what architecture, and no bugs within 3
days -> move
- signoff for both architectures, 2 each -> move
- no signoff, no bugs for a week -> move

For the last thing to get implemented, this can be a bit tricky.
Sometimes developers throw something in testing, just to test something,
and it sits there for weeks without anyone knowing why it's in testing.
I would like to have every package that goes to testing getting
committed with a reason in the commit message. This way we can find out
why something is in testing and if we can easily move it out without
breaking things.