[arch-dev-public] Setting up a dev on main site (was: New Developer: Dan Griffiths)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:43:27 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Aaron- as a side note, what is involved in setting up a developer on
>> the main site? While I'm on my archweb kick I want to see what is
>> required and what might be older cruft still sitting around. So I
>> guess I'm looking for a walkthrough of whatever you did.
>
> It's easy.
>
> Change "role" to "Developer" (or add a new user if they weren't a TU)
> Give access to extra and testing repos
> And change the email address to .archlinux.org
> Change the "group" to Developers...
> * Not sure if this one works... There ARE permission groups there, but
> I recall they don't work as well as they should

Do you use the "Create a New User" custom admin page
(https://dev.archlinux.org/devel/newuser/), or go into the "Add User"
(https://dev.archlinux.org/admin/auth/user/add/) page?

And as far as perm groups go, the future is now- that is what actually
matters these days. I'm going to make that a bit more straightforward
in the future so we don't have too much information duplication like
we do now.

-Dan