[arch-dev-public] devtools and db-scripts plans

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 15 07:04:37 EST 2010

On 15/02/10 21:42, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>      ->  overridden pkgver
>>      ->  overridden pkgrel (and only selected sub-packages)
>
> This is not easy and you would need a repo dir for every split package;
> otherwise the PKGBUILD in the abs tree wont match the packages in the repo.

Why not?  Say I have a split package making packages "foo", "bar" and
"baz".  I build the packages with main pkgrel=1 and upload.  Later I
find a pure packaging error in "foo", so I adjust the package_foo
function, override its pkgrel to 2 and upload just foo.  "bar" and "baz"
remain untouched so the PKGBUILD should match the package.

I'm sure they are cases where this may break something, but there are
cases where this would be a good thing.  Think of a game where there is
a binary package and an "any" data package.  A fix to the binary package
should not require a user redownloading the data package with just a
pkgrel bump.

Allan