[arch-dev-public] devtools and db-scripts plans

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Feb 15 06:42:55 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2010 13:23:56 schrieb Allan McRae:
> devtools
>   - split-PKGBUILDs with (supported in future pacman):
>     -> both binary and arch=any packages

This should be doable. But I guess we need to check the cleanup-scripts, too.
They might get confused.

>     -> overridden pkgver
>     -> overridden pkgrel (and only selected sub-packages)

This is not easy and you would need a repo dir for every split package;
otherwise the PKGBUILD in the abs tree wont match the packages in the repo.

>   - support for xz compression (nothing needed?)

Afaik I already committed everything for this.

> db-scripts
>   - support for xz compression transition (e.g. in clean-up script)

support for several compression methods is already there; but not at the same
time. It's more complicated than it sounds. This is very likely the next issue
I'll look at.

>   - support for single "package" directory with symlinks to repos
>   - allow db-move to handle multiple packages
>     (or add a script to help moving from community-testing)

Looks like Aaron has patches for this in his git repo

>   - delta support...

That should be the last thing we want to implement. We should have xz support,
package pooling and a multi tier mirror setup first to handle the extra
traffic that comes with delta packages.