[arch-dev-public] libpng todo list

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Sat Jan 9 07:50:55 EST 2010

On 09/01/2010 11:12, Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 10:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> When do you want to start this?  In particular, do we get the
>> ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?
>>
> I just made the todo list to show how much work is involved in this.
> Rebuilding 163 packages requires some serious planning. I can dedicate
> the next weekend for Archlinux, I almost have a full weekend including
> friday available. My core2quad is idle at this moment, it could use some
> build tasks ;)
>
> As for community: that takes 145 rebuilds. I could help out a bit on
> that also, but I have no idea about our community infrastructure, I
> never built any package for AUR or community before.

Hi folks, back again after six weeks of inactivity (Arch-Linux-wise,
that is) ;)

I intended to update texlive-bin these next few days, but since it is
included in the libpng TODO list, I wonder whether it might be wiser to
rebuild with the new libpng and push it to testing, rather that release
it now and release a new, identical package for the new libpng a few
days later. Or will this take rather weeks? What do you think?

Regards to all and best wishes for the new year (also to Roman, whose
orthodox new year shall begin next week I believe).

FC