[arch-dev-public] libpng todo list

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 16 21:14:16 EST 2010

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:00:31 +1000, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to (temporarily) add jpng to the list for gerolde?
>> That way we can use "/arch/db-update jpng" to add packages to the repo
>> and have all the safety measures the db-scripts bring instead of
>> manually using repo-add.
>>
>> Any objections?
>> Allan
>
> Does not soud like a bad idea.

I added jpng as an "approved repo" for gerolde.  It add packages there:

1) create ~/staging/jpng on gerolde
2) upload using: commitpkg jpng "message"
3) on gerolde: /arch/db-update jpng

>I have added the repo to
> https://www.archlinux.de/?page=Packages;repository=7 and the diff list at
> https://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences Maybe that is of any
> help.
>
> I did not know that we need to patch some/many package to be build with
> the new libpng. However: Do you think we can merge that repo into testing
> once the most important packages are done? I fear we'll start to block each
> other or do unnecessary rebuilds soon. We are also working on kde-unstable
> (on top of testing) which should be merged into extra at the first week of
> February.

It all depends how many people help with the rebuild...   The last few
rebuilds have been done by only two or three people.  We could get
through most of this in a day or two if people helped out.

Allan