[arch-dev-public] WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:16:42 EST 2010

On 01/27/2010 02:03 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 27/01/10 09:56, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 02:15:10 schrieb Ionut Biru:
>>> hi,
>>> just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
>>> anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
>>> list still counts ~99 packages.
>>
>> Do you guys think we can finish this rebuild this week? I think it's a
>> good
>> idea to put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing when the jpng rebuild has moved into
>> extra. This way we have some time to do some KDE related rebuilds and
>> have the
>> packages tested by more people.
>>

> Sure, apart from some of the openoffice variants, there is only 5 or 6
> packages left to go. I think Andy was holding out for a release to
> finish the OOo stuff.
>
> Allan

we can start accepting bugs no? as the others:

last-exit dead upstream
panda3d will be moved in arch-games
visualboyadvance need a patch( Daenyth is working on it
xf4vnc-xvnc moved in aur

what do you think, is better to announce on news that a possible
breakage can be if they use other cairo package? i found a lot of users
who had that problem.

--
Ionut