[arch-dev-public] WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing
dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:28:38 EST 2010
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 16:16:42 schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> On 01/27/2010 02:03 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> > On 27/01/10 09:56, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> >> Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 02:15:10 schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> >>> hi,
>> >>> just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
>> >>> anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
>> >>> list still counts ~99 packages.
>> >> Do you guys think we can finish this rebuild this week? I think it's a
>> >> good
>> >> idea to put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing when the jpng rebuild has moved
>> >> into extra. This way we have some time to do some KDE related rebuilds
>> >> and have the
>> >> packages tested by more people.
>> > Sure, apart from some of the openoffice variants, there is only 5 or 6
>> > packages left to go. I think Andy was holding out for a release to
>> > finish the OOo stuff.
>> > Allan
> So, I just talked to Andy. OOo release is still a little undefined. What do
> you think about this plan:
> * We put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing (should be available in some hours)
> * This give us some more testing for KDE itself and let's us start some KDE/Qt
> related rebuild (only few packages are affected)
> * KDE 4.4.0 (final) will be available around end of next week (tagging on 3rd)
> * We move everything (libjpeg, libpng, KDE, Qt rebuilds) to extra on February
> What do you think about this? It should give us enough time for testing,
> rebuilding the remaining packages and does not block KDE.
This is going to absolutely destroy gerolde and our mirrors with rsync
backlog. We really need to start getting some of this out there if
possible since when we move packages from [testing] to other repos, we
don't have a symlink farm like we do with arch="any" packages.
More information about the arch-dev-public