[arch-dev-public] WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jan 28 12:39:13 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 18:28:38 schrieb Dan McGee:
> This is going to absolutely destroy gerolde and our mirrors with rsync
> backlog. We really need to start getting some of this out there if
> possible since when we move packages from [testing] to other repos, we
> don't have a symlink farm like we do with arch="any" packages.

Yes I know, but I don't see any other option. Even if we move the jpng stuff
right now, the mirrors will have a hard time to catch up. And we cannot move
only parts as this would break everything.

ATM it looks like this:

11G     community
1.9G    community-testing
3.5G    testing
441M    core
13G     extra
1.3G    kde-unstable

It does not make much difference if we move testing and community-testing into
extra right now or next week.