[arch-dev-public] WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:53:18 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 20:08:00 schrieb Dan McGee:
>> But not having another 1.3GB on top fo the 3.5GB will at least help
>> somewhat, no?
> You forgot the 1,9GB community-testing and several GB of openoffice. So yes,
> we are somehow screwed anyway. ;-)
>> Or are you planning on moving kde into [testing] and
>> jpng into [extra] at the same time?
> My idea was to put RC3 into testing, remove kde-unstable and around the 10th
> of february we can move the jpng rebuild into extra and a second later the KDE
> 4.4 final into extra. This would need some cooridination and we need to upload
> KDE into our staging dirs before the jpng move, but that should be doable. In
> the end this strategy should save us some traffic.
> Additionally we could try to optimize the mirror syncing within the next two
> weeks.

Although we're pretty much screwed, we should try to not make our case
worse. It might be better to do the jpng rebuild move seperate from
the kde update. We could do it this way:

- rebuild the current OO pkgs. Even if go-office doen't build, at
least we should have some working OO pkg in the repo. Andy: I could
help with that, just let me know.
- push the jpng rebuild to extra/community
- Wait a couple (3-4?) of days and monitor the mirror syncing from
gerolde.  This will give a head start to the mirrors to complete, at
least, most of the sync for the jpng rebuild.
- move the kde packages from kde-unstable to  testing
- etc.

> --
> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list