[arch-dev-public] Update to FluxBB 1.4

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:00:19 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:59:35 -0500, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Want to do it sometime Thursday or Friday while some of us are at
>> ArchCon? I'm willing to help out and I have sudo rights and such to
>> edit everything necessary.
>
> I need to see if I have time at thursday. I also have sudo rights but
> not that much experience with the apache config. But I could look it up
> hopefully.
>
>> We also do not have enough room to dump and reload a second copy of
>> the DB. Any ideas on this, anyone? We didn't think very straight when
>> we were sizing /var on a DB machine...
>
> Good catch. But it should just fit. There is 3.2GB free disc space and
> the bbs database takes 1.2GB. Once everything is running the phpbb
> database can be removed. (I can keep a local dump file in my home dir
> for some time though...just in case)

No, that is not how InnoDB works which we recently switched to for
these tables. Once the data file grows we do not get the space back,
period, unless we do a complete dump and load of every database. Log
space needs to be accounted for, which makes our weekly swing of used
space vary by 27%:
https://stats.archlinux.org/munin/archlinux.org/gudrun/df.html

-Dan