[arch-dev-public] Ant issue after bump

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Wed Mar 3 08:01:39 EST 2010

On 03/03/2010 07:54 AM, Paul Mattal wrote:
> On 03/02/2010 10:54 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:
>> 2010/3/2, Andreas Radke<a.radke at arcor.de>:
>>> something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this
>>>
>>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html
>>>

>>> Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again?
>>
>> I apologize for that, I can't fix it. It's not my package.
>> Sorry, but I will stay away from packages that are not mine.
>> I just given you link to the previous version of apache-ant package.
>> If you want, you can rebuild and force it to the previous version,
>> then push it in extra repo.
>
> At first glance, this looks like exactly what happens to me when I try
> to build openjdk6 with ant 1.8.0. I'll look at what Debian did to fix it
> and see if it will work for us:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-rc@lists.debian.org/msg210628.html

So it looks like a straightforward patch-- but we don't build ant from
source. Starting to do that is theoretically possible, but not trivial.

Also, this patch is already accepted and targeted for 1.8.1.

I'll think about the compiling from source option. It would clearly give
us more flexibility in situations like this. I seem to recall we ran
into other problems with it in the past, though.

- P