[arch-dev-public] Install files in [core]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 7 12:01:41 CET 2010

Hi,

With adding install files to deal with info pages to packages in [core],
there are a number of packages with install files that will cause errors
if bash is not installed before them (pacman uses /bin/sh from the
system it is installing to).

An incomplete list:
binutils
diffutils
ed
filesystem  (also needs coreutils for chmod)
findutils
gcc-libs  (fixed in git)
gdbm
gettext
gmp
gpm

How do we handle this?  Add "sh" to dependencies?  Not have post_install
for these packages (it is only info page installs...)?  I did the later
for gcc-libs where it makes sense but other cases are not so clear cut.

Allan