[arch-dev-public] Install files in [core]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 8 11:12:08 CET 2010

On 07/03/10 21:01, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With adding install files to deal with info pages to packages in [core],
> there are a number of packages with install files that will cause errors
> if bash is not installed before them (pacman uses /bin/sh from the
> system it is installing to).

Here goes the complete list of packages suffering from this issue:

binutils
diffutils
ed
filesystem (also needs chmod)
findutils
gcc-libs (fixed in git)
gdbm
gettext
gmp
gpm
grep
grub (also install-info)
nano
rp-pppoe
sed
tiacx-firmware (also - cat: command not found)
which
wireless-regdb

> How do we handle this? Add "sh" to dependencies? Not have post_install
> for these packages (it is only info page installs...)? I did the later
> for gcc-libs where it makes sense but other cases are not so clear cut.

So any suggestions on how to fix?

As an aside, other packages in [core] with non-bash install file
dependency issues:

autoconf - install-info
ca-certificates	 (several perl warnings: Setting locale failed)
heimdal - install-info
inetutils - install-info
libsasl - cat: command not found
mlocate - chown: command not found
ndiswrapper - /usr/sbin/ndiswrapper: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter
udev -  warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory

Allan