[arch-dev-public] Rebuild list scripts

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 10 02:49:57 CET 2010

Hi,

I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts.
Can we get a common one into devtools or something?

I posted one here a long time ago.  See:
http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildlist .

There is also a script that tries (and fails) to give a rebuild order:
http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildorder .  It parses "pacman -Si
<pkg>" to get deps so misses makedeps altogether...

Or could we get something running on gerolde.  It could be efficient and
create a list of needed libraries for each package which is then updated
via a cron job. Then generating a rebuild list would be a grep and could
even be down automatically through the TODO list interface...

Allan