[arch-dev-public] Allow comments on closed bugs?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Mar 13 10:58:24 CET 2010

Am Samstag, 13. März 2010 01:58:02 schrieb Dan McGee:
> I've often wanted to add comments to closed issues in the past and
> have been unable to. For things like a performance bug, it is often
> helpful a few days down the road to post results of the fix once a few
> people have tested it. It doesn't make sense to leave the bug open if
> it is fixed in git, but many people that followed the bug would find
> it interesting.

Yes, there are sometimes situations where I wanted to add a more or less
important comment to a bug reports but it was just closed.

In the other hand I see the problems of never ending discussions and flame
wars.

But as we don't know which of these cases occur more often we could just
enable that feature for a month and decide afterwards.