[arch-dev-public] [signoff] mdadm-3.1.2-1
t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Mar 18 07:48:54 CET 2010
This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.1.
Significant changes are:
- The default metadata has change again (sorry about that).
It is now v1.2 and will hopefully stay that way. It turned
out there with boot-block issues with v1.1 which make it
unsuitable for a default, though in many cases it is still
suitable to use.
- Stopping a container is not permitted when members are still
- Add 'homehost' to the valid words for the "AUTO" config file
line. When followed by "-all", this causes mdadm to
auto-assemble any array belonging to this host, but not
auto-assemble anything else.
- Fix some bugs with "--grow --chunksize=" for changing chunksize.
- VAR_RUN can be easily changed at compile time just like ALT_RUN.
This gives distros more flexability in how to manage the
pid and sock files that mdmon needs.
- Various mdmon fixes
- Alway make bitmap 4K-aligned if at all possible.
- If mdadm.conf lists arrays which have inter-dependencies,
the previously had to be listed in the "right" order. Now
any order should work.
- Fix --force assembly of v1.x arrays which are in the process
- Add section on 'scrubbing' to 'md' man page.
- Various command-line-option parsing improvements.
- ... and lots of other bug fixes.
Please signoff both arches,
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public