[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri May 7 08:43:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 18:16:25 +0300, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Opinions?
>
> P.S.: this is just an idea, I'm not going to argue about it,
> so if you don't like it - just ignore it.

But I'll add some points why I don't like it that much though: ;-)
* if I got it right this will also require a complete resync
* it's way to complicated
* aufs is slow and crashes the kernel the hard way on heavy load. (that's
why I removed its usage from makechrootpkg)

The overlay magic might look nice in theory but the risk of a major mess
is too high imho.