[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dash 0.5.6-1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun May 16 05:58:55 EDT 2010

On Sat, 15 May 2010 15:48:46 +1000, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
wrote:
> On 15/05/10 12:09, Dan McGee wrote:
>> Signoff both architectures, new-ish upstream version. We no longer
>> build statically with klibc since it doesn't exist; instead this is
>> linked against glibc. It is still super lightweight though.
>
> Signoff both.
>
> Although...   given this is no longer statically linked, does this need
> to stay in the base group, or even [core]?

Good question. I had to look it up: Dan introduced the dash package to
have a non-breakable shell in core and a future provider of /bin/sh. But
the latter wasn't implemented yet and no other package depends on it. So I
guess we could safely remove it from core/base and add it to extra.

Greetings,

Pierre