[arch-dev-public] [signoff] nano-2.2.5-2

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Nov 19 18:54:42 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:38:58 +0100, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
wrote:
> Am Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:27:02 +0100
> schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:
>

>> I am _really_ sorry for this Andreas.
>> I thought that my help was needed here and a that a rebuild wasn't a
>> problem for you.
>>
>> Sorry to Eric, Tobias and Thomas too, I hope that I didn't annoyed
>> them updating lilo, libusb, wireless-regdb.
>>
>> Really was not my intention.
>>

> Hey, no problem. I'm happy for every help I can get. But usually I'm not
> one of the inactive devs ;)
>
> I didn't know there was a problem with nano's deps. So what about the
> add 'sh' for the install script thingy? Why is it needed? If we want to
> have a shell installed to make pacman happy for install scripts we could
> also add "sh" to the pacman pkg deps.
>
> -Andy

My rule of thumb:

* For makedepends we can assume to have base and base-devel installed.
* For depends we should list all dependencies; especially for packages
that are in [core].
* For core packages one also need to make sure that everything called
from the install script is included in the deps (e.g. awk, sed etc.)

This is important for the installer and building chroots; so pacman
knows the correct order to install these packages. To test this just try
something like pacman -Sy nano -r <somedir>. And no, this does not even
install pacman in the chroot, so we cannot really assume its deps here
neither.

Pierre