[arch-dev-public] Boot loaders in core/base

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Nov 20 15:42:28 CET 2010

Am Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:27:35 +0100
schrieb Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:

> What do you think about this? At some point it might not be
> sane/possible to keep grub1 as our default boot loader.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

I'm using grub-legacy on all my systems. I dislike the option to force
everybody to use a separate ext* boot partition.

I prefer to keep grub-legacy that is still maintained by the
distributions (see heavy Fedora patching) our default boot loader until
we think we can replace it with grub(2). Maybe it's already ready
for this after the next minor testing releae. It should already be
in good state since Ubuntu uses it as the default loader.

-Andy