[arch-dev-public] Mirror country names (was: Mirror status page)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:02:51 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:

>>> That was my intention.
>>
>> Haven't seen any progress on this. :)
>
> Hmm, did you expect me to do something? I am quite busy atm; maybe I
> got some time at the week end.

I just expect other people to chip in when they have motivation to fix
it, I can't do everything either.

We can make this real easy:

mysql> select distinct country from mirrors_mirror order by country;
+----------------+
| country        |
+----------------+
| Any            |
| Australia      |
| Austria        |
| Belarus        |
| Belgium        |
| Brazil         |
| Bulgaria       |
| Canada         |
| Chile          |
| China          |
| Colombia       |
| Czech Republic |
| Denmark        |
| Estonia        |
| Finland        |
| France         |
| Germany        |
| Great Britain  |
| Greece         |
| Hungary        |
| India          |
| Indonesia      |
| Ireland        |
| Israel         |
| Italy          |
| Japan          |
| Kazakhstan     |
| Latvia         |
| Lithuania      |
| Netherlands    |
| New Caledonia  |
| New Zealand    |
| Norway         |
| Poland         |
| Portugal       |
| Romania        |
| Russia         |
| Slovakia       |
| Spain          |
| Sweden         |
| Switzerland    |
| Taiwan         |
| Turkey         |
| Ukraine        |
| United States  |
| Vietnam        |
46 rows in set (0.01 sec)

If there is something in here that is wrong, let's just write some SQL
to fix it up:

UPDATE mirrors_mirror SET country = 'Best Country Ever!' WHERE country
= 'Germany';

If you can put together mappings like this to get the names adjusted
to whatever that ISO standard # was, we'll be in business.

-Dan