[arch-dev-public] Developer reports

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:26:05 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is a new section on the dev dashboard entitled "Developer
>> Reports"- it contains fun things like Old Packages
>> (http://www.archlinux.org/devel/reports/old/). If you have feedback or
>> thoughts on other reports that might make your packaging duties
>> easier, let me know.
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> Couple of comments:
>
> 1- It would be nice to have a column with the maintainer's name so we
> can quickly see which one of these packages we are maintaining.  If
> space is an issue, we could remove the column for "flag date" as it
> doens't seem to be much useful for these reports.
You're oversimplifying- remember that packages don't have "a
maintainer", they have multiple maintainers. I can add this, but it
will make these pages a heck of a lot slower to load, which is the
biggest issue. One thing that comes to mind that would be an overall
report, and a "mine" report for each one...

> 2- The report for large packages should list the sizes in MB instead of bytes.
That would make the generic nature of these reports a lot harder,
and/or involve me sinking quite a bit of time into making something
generic that formats sizes. Deal with it for now. :)

-Dan