[arch-dev-public] MySQL 5.5

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 4 16:28:13 EST 2011

2011/2/4 Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:
> On Friday 04 February 2011 16:41:06 Ángel Velásquez wrote:
>> Talking with Andrea on irc he told to us (Ionut, me and the rest who
>> were present) that he would like to wait until 5.5.9 is out.
>>
>> AFAIK 5.5.9 haven't setted a release day yet, so can we move this and
>> then wait for the 5.5.9?, I think doing this rebuild and wait for
>> 5.5.9 without know if it will be released on two months or so is too
>> much, if somebody know when will be the release date please tell us
>> and can we planify then, but now mysql rebuild is stucked on
>> [testing].
> Yes, I'd like to wait until 5.5.9, but I understand that we don't know when
> MySQL devs will release it.
>
> I just added two patches to our MySQL in [testing], I didn't rebuild it so you
> can add something else or write a better post_install message. :)
>
>> I vote for move this to [extra] I can take the responsability if it's
>> needed to check bugs of mysql package until Andrea is back from exams
> Thank you. If you take the responsability I vote +1 for the move and I'll try
> to be present as much as I can (will be hard).
>
> Another note Angel: maybe in the announcement you should write that example,
> archive, blackhole and federated engine are now disabled.
>
> --
> Andrea

Ok here is the draft:

Title: MySQL 5.5 update

Hi people, MySQL 5.5 (5.5.8) is on [extra] . This time we disabled
Archive, Blackhole and Federated engine support.

After doing -Syu please do:

/etc/rc.d/mysqld restart && mysql_upgrade

Please feel free to add or remove words, or rephrase the announce.

Have fun

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net