[arch-dev-public] MySQL 5.5
andrea at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 4 15:56:44 EST 2011
On Friday 04 February 2011 16:41:06 Ángel Velásquez wrote:
> Talking with Andrea on irc he told to us (Ionut, me and the rest who
> were present) that he would like to wait until 5.5.9 is out.
> AFAIK 5.5.9 haven't setted a release day yet, so can we move this and
> then wait for the 5.5.9?, I think doing this rebuild and wait for
> 5.5.9 without know if it will be released on two months or so is too
> much, if somebody know when will be the release date please tell us
> and can we planify then, but now mysql rebuild is stucked on
Yes, I'd like to wait until 5.5.9, but I understand that we don't know when
MySQL devs will release it.
I just added two patches to our MySQL in [testing], I didn't rebuild it so you
can add something else or write a better post_install message. :)
> I vote for move this to [extra] I can take the responsability if it's
> needed to check bugs of mysql package until Andrea is back from exams
Thank you. If you take the responsability I vote +1 for the move and I'll try
to be present as much as I can (will be hard).
Another note Angel: maybe in the announcement you should write that example,
archive, blackhole and federated engine are now disabled.
More information about the arch-dev-public