[arch-dev-public] [signoff] mkinitcpio 0.6.8-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 26 12:37:45 EST 2011

Minor update.

I would like to highlight two improvements:

1) autodetection of filesystems now only probes the root device, not all
block devices. This might solve some bugs with mkinitcpio hanging during
image generation.

2) gzipped kernel modules should now be supported. This can increase the
installed size of our kernel package by 100MB.

Shortlog:

Dave Reisner (1):
      mkinitcpio: mount real root device instead of symlink

Thomas Bächler (6):
      Do not include everything from /block/ in the SCSI hook.
      autodetect: only probe the root device
      filesystems: remove cp437, it is added as an extra module whenever
fat is used
      If filesystem autodetection fails, use all_modules instead of
checked_modules
      Support .ko.gz kernel modules, in addition to .ko
      Release version 0.6.8

Tom Gundersen (1):
      mount: forbid suid,exec,dev from /proc and /sys