[arch-dev-public] perl 5.12.3

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 27 12:46:26 EST 2011

2011/1/27 Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:
> On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 15:06 -0200, Ángel Velásquez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you know yesterday a new minor version of 5.12 branch of perl were released.
>>
>> I've recently rebuilt perl 5.12.2 which is in [testing] waiting for
>> signoff to fix a little bug with building with gcc 4.5.
>>
>> So, basicly we have to do the rebuild that we did the last month again
>> for some packages, I can work with this if Kevin isn't available
>> (cc'ing him) so ideally IMO we can start the rebuild of perl
>> dependencies into [staging] then get into [testing] after the week of
>> Feb 5th
>>
>> Opinions? ideas?

> Is the rebuild really required? Last time the rebuild list just
> contained nearly all perl modules, also the ones that didn't need a
> rebuild but that were nice to get converted to arch=any.

Isn't needed for many libraries, and yes, if we all work in this, we
can improve Arch perl stuff and save some mb on our mirrors (and make
our perl users happy), I will do the rebuild this night, and tomorrow
or weekend (sometimes I need to work or sleep) I hope to have done
with the list of packages that are needed to be rebuilt, so, we can go
filtering that list and converting some packages to any.

cc'ing Kevin again [ping]

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net